|© Sylvia Liu|
UPDATED JAN 2021: Hello! I'm moving a lot of my writing tip posts to my personal email newsletter. My most recent posts:
- The Secret to Networking: The Four C's - where I talk about curiosity, compassion, curation, and community, along with a big list of writers' and illustrators' communities
- Advanced Tips for Querying Agents: where I talk about ways to find good agents, a good querying strategy that works, how to use Query Tracker to your advantage.
- What I've Learned as a Pitch Wars mentor: the two big lessons I learned reading 185 submissions to me as a Pitch Wars MG mentor. My key takeaway for compelling opening lines and scenes.
Once a month, I will write about things I've learned on my writing or publication journey. Topics I plan to cover in the near future:
- What it Really Means to Network
- Pantsing, Plotting, and Plantsing
- Transitioning from writing picture books to novels
I'll also run a giveaway each month, whether it is a book or a critique.
If you're interested in getting these emails, please sign up for my newsletter at this link: http://eepurl.com/gM0Dwf